Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 (0)351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
20 May 2016: Blues, Boogie & Swing (46th International Dixieland Festival)
Blues, Boogie & Swing - chocks away for a jazz-packed evening! The Dresden Airport terminal, a former aviation industry hangar, is a very special setting for this musical experience. There will be toe-tapping, singing and dancing galore on two levels - the visitor platform and the conference level.
- Starring: Errol "Mr. Boogie Woogie" Dixon (Jamaica), Alice in Dixieland (Netherlands), May Day Jazzband (Netherlands), Michael Alf Trio (Germany)
- 19:00 to 23:30 (doors open 18:15)
- Tickets: €31.50 (free seating)
- Tickets must be bought in advance and include a handling fee plus postage where applicable
- Tickets are also available in advance from the airport information desk (from 29 February)
5 June 2016: Fun Day for Kids
Every year in early June we open our doors specially for our younger aviation fans. The Fun Day for Kids on Sunday 5 June is the perfect opportunity to celebrate Children’s Day, which this year falls on a Wednesday.
- 90-minute airport tour with a guided walk round the terminal, a security check, a bus trip across the apron and a stop-off at the technology and winter service hangar
- Followed by fun and games at the airport fire station, fire engines on display, a fire engine demonstration and target spraying
- Accompanied by experienced tour guides
- Two tour times: 9:00 to 12:30, 14:00 to 17:30
- Children aged 5-14: €12, adults: €15
- Sorry, the Fun Day for Kids is not suitable for children under 5.
- Snacks and refreshments will be on sale (Elbezeit GmbH)
- Booking is essential: call +49 (0)351 881-3300, or +49 (0)351 881-3360 at weekends
Spraying targets outside the fire station
Bus trip across the apron
School holiday programme and special-event tours at Dresden Airport
What destination on our timetable is the furthest from Dresden? What does the yellow and black checked flag on the tarmac mean? How long is the runway? Our guides will be happy to answer questions like these on our popular holiday tours and at special events. Depending on our flight operations it will be possible to photograph and film aircraft taking off and landing. All tours must be booked in advance with the customer service department (German only): Tel. +49 (0)351 881-3300 or -3360 (weekends).
5 May: Airport tour on Men’s Day
- Aircraft handling, airport technology, winter service fleet, visit to airport fire station with guided tour
- Followed by whisky tasting featuring five different types of whisky and a small snack at the Gate 14 airport shop
- 5 p.m.
- Duration: two hours, max. 15 participants
- All-in price: €30 for adults
1 June: Airport tours on Children’s Day
- Tour of the terminal, security control, bus trip onto the apron, visit to the fire station with Panther 8x8 fire engine demonstration
- Departs 15:00 and 16:30
- Duration: 90 minutes, max. 30 participants per tour
- Free admission for 1 child accompanied by a paying adult
- Price: €10 (1 child + 1 adult)
23 June: Airport tours on the 5th Long Night of industry – Experience Industry Live!
In a series of tours and short talks, local businesses give fascinating insights into their technologies, processes and products – and also present their credentials as an important part of the local economy and as attractive employers. For the first time, Dresden Airport will also be taking part in the Long Night of Industry.
The organised coach tours – taking in two companies in one evening – will start at various central points at 16:45 and end back at the same place at around 22:30. The event is free of charge.
We wish everyone good luck in the draw for places and hope you enjoy the evening!
27 June to 5 August: Mini and Maxi tours in Saxony’s summer school holidays
- Tour of the terminal, security control, bus trip across the apron
- Visit our firefighting technology (Maxi tours only)
- Mini tours (60 minutes): Mon/Wed/Fri, 11:00: children up to age 14 with holiday pass: €3 (€4 without holiday pass); adults: €6
- Maxi tours (90 minutes): Mon/Wed/Fri, 12:30; Tues/Thur, 16:30; children up to age 14: €6; adults: €9
- Max. 30 persons per tour
Fireman Sam to the rescue: the highlight of the tours is a visit to the fire station.
Guided tour of the modern Dresden Airport terminal
Events at the airport’s cafés and restaurants (ElbeZeit GmbH)
Our gastronomy partner ElbeZeit GmbH, a subsidiary of Sächsische Dampfschiffahrt, looks forward to seeing you at the following events in 2016:
- Brunch with airport tour: 26 Jun, 30 Oct, 13 Nov
- Zuckertüte party: 6 Aug
- Tea dance: 21 Oct
- Cookery courses for children: 6 Jul, 20 Jul, 3 Aug, 5 Oct, 12 Oct, 28 Dec
- Cookery courses for adults: 3 Jun, 24 Jun, 9 Sep, 23 Sep, 4 Nov, 18 Nov
Seminars on combating fear of flying
Dresden Airport has got together with psychologist Linda Föhrer to offer seminars on combating the fear of flying. Participants learn to overcome their fear of flying, practice different relaxation techniques and find out information on the technical and physical background to flying. Each group consists of up to 8-10 people.
The seminar is also suitable for anyone who is afraid of heights, suffers from agoraphobia or has a fear of travelling by train or car. Linda Föhrer has become well-known throughout Germany as a specialist in fear of flying following various TV programmes on relaxed flying.
The following dates are planned for 2016:
5 June, 28 August, 9 October and 27 November, 10:00-18:00
The price per person for the one-day group seminar is €275. The seminars will take place at Dresden Airport. Places must be pre-booked at