Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 (0)351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
9 January - 21 February 2015: Maxi tours in Saxony’s winter school holidays
- Dates: daily except Sundays, 9-13 Feb and 16-20 Feb, 9:30 and 11:30, 14 Feb and 21 Feb, 9:30 and 12:00
- Duration: 90 minutes
- All tours must be booked by telephone on +49 (0)351 881-3300 (or -3360 on weekends).
- Ticket price: children up to age 14: €6, adults: €9
- Meeting point: Airport information desk in the terminal
What is the furthest destination away from Dresden in our timetable? What does the yellow and black checked flag on the tarmac mean? How long is the runway? Our guides will be happy to answer questions like these and many more on our holiday tours.
After a tour of the terminal building and a security check, you will be taken out onto the tarmac in the apron bus to watch aircraft being processed on the ground. You will be able to take pictures and videos of planes taking off and landing, traffic conditions permitting. You will also stop off at the airport fire station to explore and admire our fire-fighting vehicles, like the Panther 8x8.
Fireman Sam to the rescue: the highlight of the tours is a visit to the fire station.
Guided tour round the modern Dresden Airport terminal
15 May 2015: Blues, Boogie & Swing (45th International Dixieland Festival)
Jazz not jet lag! This year sees yet another evening of jazz-packed delights cleared for take-off at Dresden International Airport. The terminal – formerly an aircraft construction hangar – provides a very special backdrop for this musical extravaganza. There will be toe-tapping, singing and dancing galore on two levels: the visitor platform and the conference level.
- Friday 15 May, 19:00, (doors open 18:15)
- Warm-up with the Gyulaer Big Band (H) from 18:00
- Starring: Frank Muschalle Trio (D/CH/A), Thomas Stelzer Trio (D), Die Jazzpolizei (D), Big Easy Brassband (NL), BrassAppeal (D)
- Compère: Ulf Drechsel
- Admission: €31.50 (free seating)
- Exhibition by artist Roland Zubrod: iron sculptures, wall works, collages
- Abstract “reduced” iron sculptures with titles like “Engel” (Angel), “Ziel” (Destination), “Selbstehrung” (Honouring the Self) or “Segment”
- Collages: modified images of women or well-known works (e.g. “Meine Mona” (My Mona), “Meine Marilyn” (My Marilyn), “Gläubige” (Believer), “Maschinenfrau” (Machine Woman)
- Wall works: abstract modifications using objects or toys
- Venue: Dresden Airport terminal, Departures level, public area
- Admission free, open 24/7
Angel – iron sculpture by Roland Zubrod
Honouring the Self – iron sculpture by Roland Zubrod
Exhibition “Uncover The Truth In It”
- Exhibition by Dresden glass and metal artist Christoph Graefe
- Pop-art style pictures in metal, pencil and paint
- Location: Conference centre in Dresden Airport terminal (level 02)
- Free admission
- Opening hours: Mondays to Fridays 09:00-17:00 (except public holidays)
Christoph Graefe’s website (in German)
Copyright: Christoph Graefe
Arche Moritzburg – Biological Diversity Exhibition
This exhibition looks at the diversity of life in different habitats and examines biological and environmental contexts. It is organised by the Senckenberg Natural History Collections Dresden, an institute forming part of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung Frankfurt and a member of the Leibniz Association.
- Opening hours: 06:00 to 23:00 daily
- Location: public area of the terminal
- Free admission
Flyer on the special exhibition (in German)
More dates for the diary 2015
21 March 2015: Dresden Job Fair
15 May 2015: Blues, Boogie & Swing in the terminal (Dresden International Dixieland Festival)
9 August 2015: Grand Travel Day in the Dresden Airport terminal
19/20 September 2015: Dresden Airport turns 80 – Grand Airport Festival