Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
Travel talks by Diamir Erlebnisreisen
Together with Diamir Erlebnisreisen and our caterers ElbeZeit, we’re putting on a series of exciting travel talks that are guaranteed to spark your wanderlust. The food on offer will match the subject of the talk.
- 5 December 2016: USA – the West (speaker: Wolfgang Röller)
- 9 January 2017: Spitzbergen and Greenland (speaker: Jörg Ehrlich)
- 6 February 2017: Botswana (speaker: Jörg Ehrlich)
- 13 March 2017: Australia (speaker: Markus Walter)
Travel Talks flyer [PDF file; 1.1 MB, German only]
Times, prices, service
- Venue: LuftRAUM event space on the Conference level (terminal level 02)
- Doors open: 18:30, start: 19:00
- Advance tickets from SZ-Ticketservice: €17.35 including advance booking fee
- On the night from the airport information desk: €15
- Ticket price: including welcome drink and parking in the multi-storey car park (get your entrance ticket discounted at the airport information desk)
- Book in advance by emailing email@example.com
- Service phone line: +49 351 881-3360
24 December: Santa Claus lands at Dresden!
The Christmas Air jet from Lapland (flight no. DRS2412) packed full of Christmas presents lands in Dresden in the morning. Children can watch Santa Claus alighting from his plane and waving. Then it’s off to the visitor platform in the terminal where there will be plenty of fun and games, carols, poems and little Christmas gifts.
- Admission free
- Meeting point: airport information desk at 10:00
School holiday programme and special-event tours at Dresden Airport
What destination on our timetable is the furthest from Dresden? What does the yellow and black checked flag on the tarmac mean? How long is the runway? Our guides will be happy to answer questions like these on our popular holiday tours and at special events. Depending on our flight operations it will be possible to photograph and film aircraft taking off and landing. All tours must be booked in advance with the customer service department (German only): Tel. +49 (0)351 881-3300 or -3360 (weekends).
27 November, 4/11/18 December: Advent airport-by-night tours
- Depart: 16:30 from the airport information desk
- First stop: mulled wine, punch and Christmas biscuits at the Conference Centre
- Followed by a Maxi tour taking in the Winter Service appliances
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tickets: children up to age 14: €9, adults: €14
- Max. 30 persons per tour
6 December: St Nicholas Day experience tour
- Starts: 15:00
- Short tour of terminal and security check, ride out onto apron in apron bus to watch aircraft being handled and see winter service appliances, visit to airport fire station
- Sweet St Nicholas treat for every participant
- Tickets: €10 per person
- Max. 30 persons
- Duration: 2 hours
Fireman Sam to the rescue: the highlight of the tours is a visit to the fire station.
Guided tour of the modern Dresden Airport terminal
Events at the airport’s cafés and restaurants (ElbeZeit GmbH)
Our gastronomy partner ElbeZeit GmbH, a subsidiary of Sächsische Dampfschiffahrt, looks forward to seeing you at the following events in 2016:
- Cookery courses for children: 28 Dec
Seminars on combating fear of flying
Dresden Airport has got together with psychologist Linda Föhrer to offer seminars on combating the fear of flying. Participants learn to overcome their fear of flying, practice different relaxation techniques and find out information on the technical and physical background to flying. Each group consists of up to 8-10 people.
The seminar is also suitable for anyone who is afraid of heights, suffers from agoraphobia or has a fear of travelling by train or car. Linda Föhrer has become well-known throughout Germany as a specialist in fear of flying following various TV programmes on relaxed flying.
The following dates are planned for 2016:
27 November, 10:00-18:00
The price per person for the one-day group seminar is €275. The seminars will take place at Dresden Airport. Places must be pre-booked at
Exhibition: STASIS and MOVEMENT, the peace before the flight
Thomas Reichstein presents his figurative, life-size sculptures embodying “inner peace” at various points throughout the Dresden Airport terminal. A particularly interesting example is the life-size “Das Liegende Paar” (The Reclining Couple). Other works include abstract mythical creatures that also appeal to children.
The Dresden-based artist explains his intention thus: “The airport is a place where the journey pauses, is put on hold. You set off full of vigour at home, get to the airport, check in and drop off your baggage. And then, once you have completed all the formalities, you experience a unique phase of relaxation. You can stroll around, meditate or enter into a dialogue with artworks.”