Events Calendar 2017
We look forward to welcoming you to our events!
Information for terminal visitors: during private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
- 7-23 Uhr
Go to contact form
13 to 26 February: Elephant, snow cutter-blower and more - school holiday tours at the airport
On this two-hour tour you’ll find out lots of fascinating and fun facts about everyday life at the airport.
After a security check, you’ll ride out onto the apron in an apron bus, where you’ll find out about how aircraft are processed and what all the ground support equipment does. The highlight will be the winter service vehicles. Your next stop will be the fire station where you’ll be able to see and touch its state-of-the-art firefighting technology, including the impressive Panther 8x8 fire engine.
- Mon-Fri: 10:00 and 15:30, Sun (19 and 26 February): 16:00
- Special price: €9 for children up to age 14, €14 for adults (usually €1 more per person)
- Booking is essential: phone +49 (0)351 881 3300 or 3360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Max. 30 participants per tour
- Meeting point and tickets at the airport information desk
13 March, 19:00: travel talk on Australia
Together with Diamir Erlebnisreisen and our caterers ElbeZeit, we’re inviting you to our series of travel lectures that are guaranteed to spark your wanderlust.
SYDNEY, BEACH & OUTBACK – AN ADVENTURE DOWN UNDER
Digital multivision talk by Markus Walter, 90 minutes, with interval and prize draw for a €300 travel voucher
Australia – the name itself is music to the ears of any travel fan, but a trip to the Red Continent often remains a long-held dream. So why not come along and discover the continent at the other end of the world on a multimedia journey?
This talk tells exciting tales of adventures in all seven Australian states, which the speaker has visited over five trips lasting almost a year and covering more than 40,000 kilometres. In his talk, which features a musical soundtrack, he shows us the best of more than 20,000 photographs along with some fantastic impressions of Australia’s amazing world of fauna and flora.
You’ll visit the magnificent Great Barrier Reef, deserts with huge sand dunes, bizarre rock formations, impenetrably dense jungles as well as cities including Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide.
- Venue: LuftRAUM event space on the Conference level (terminal level 02)
- Doors open: 18:30, start: 19:00
- Ticket price: €15 including welcome drink and parking in the multi-storey car park (get your entrance ticket discounted at the airport information desk)
- Book by emailing email@example.com
- Tickets available on the night from the airport information desk
- Service phone line: +49 351 881 3360
Delicious themed food and drinks:
- Welcome drink: passion-fruit cocktail
- Beefburger with pineapple
- Vegemite dip with vegetable crisps
7 May, 1:00-18:00: Family Day at Dresden Airport
There will be lots of activities for the whole family, both inside and outside the terminal, including aviation and technology exhibitions, guided tours, sightseeing flights, children’s entertainment and presentations by partner companies and clubs from the north Dresden area. And don’t miss the fantastic holiday bargains including flights from Dresden at Dresden’s biggest travel centre.
Watch this space – more details to be announced early next year!
- Admission: free (except sightseeing flights and guided tours)
- Parking in the multi-storey car park: €5
19 May, 19:00: Blues, Boogie & Swing
This traditional event has blues and boogie fans flocking to the airport terminal in their hundreds. “Jazz not Jetlag” on two levels with boogie woogie, blues and swing late into the night!
It’s all clear for take-off for a special musical cargo as part of the 47th Dresden International Dixieland Festival. With its industrial architecture, this unique terminal makes a very special setting for this musical extravaganza. There will be toe-tapping, singing and dancing galore on the visitor platform and the conference level.
- 19:00-23:30, doors open 18:15.
- Line-up: Dizzy Birds, Lamarotte Jazzband (NL), Papa's Finest Boogie-Band, Steve "Big Man" Clayton (GB)
- MC: Ekkerhard Garten
- Admission: €31.50 (free seating)
4 and 5 June: Fun Days for Kids
To mark Children’s Day on 1 June, our Customer Services department is putting on an exciting airport tour followed by sports, fun and games at the airport fire station. Tour guides and fire station staff will be on hand to answer questions and supervise the children.
Every session will start with a guided walk of the terminal and a security check. Then visitors will be taken out onto the tarmac in the apron bus to watch aircraft being processed on the ground. You’ll be able to take pictures and videos of planes taking off and landing, traffic conditions permitting. After a tour of the technology hangar comes the high point of the Fun Day: a visit to the airport fire station.
- Fire-fighting demonstration (simulated domestic fire)
- Vehicle display (including the Panther 8x8) and rides
- First aid station, knots, target spraying with small fire service hoses
- Obstacle course, table tennis, table football, bouncy castle, face painting
- Small gifts for the best children
- Sessions: 09:00-12:30 and 14:00-17:30 on both days
- Children aged 3-14: €10, adults: €15
- Park in the multi-storey car park for just €4 (have your parking ticket discounted at the airport information desk or the car park security office)
- Snacks (including freshly baked waffles, cakes and pretzels) and drinks are available (not included in the admission price)
- Booking is essential: phone +49 (0)351 881-3300/-3360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting point/finishing point: airport information desk in the terminal
5 August, 14:00-18:00: Zuckertüte Festival
The highlight of this brand-new event at the airport will be a discovery tour and a family afternoon with games, painting and crafts. Admission is free for primary school starters, who will be given a small surprise gift.
The Zuckertüte Festival will kick off at 13:30 with a juice/sparkling wine reception. This will be followed by the family afternoon with a hearty snack buffet, hot chocolate for the children and coffee for adults. Participants will have an uninterrupted view of the airport apron and runway. The 60-minute airport tour leaves at 16:30, taking in a tour of the terminal, a security check and a bus ride onto the apron to watch aircraft being dispatched. The event ends at 18:00.
Admission for non-school-starters: €29.90 per child aged 6-14, €39.90 per adult. Children under 5 are admitted free. Drinks from the buffet and parking in the multi-storey car park are included in the admission price. All other drinks must be paid for separately.
Book early to avoid disappointment: children’s events at Dresden Airport are generally extremely popular!
Booking and advice
- Telephone: +49 351 881 3050 or 3360
- Email: email@example.com
Exhibition: STASIS and MOVEMENT, the peace before the flight
Thomas Reichstein presents his figurative, life-size sculptures embodying “inner peace” at various points throughout the Dresden Airport terminal. A particularly interesting example is the life-size “Das Liegende Paar” (The Reclining Couple). Other works include abstract mythical creatures that also appeal to children.
The Dresden-based artist explains his intention thus: “The airport is a place where the journey pauses, is put on hold. You set off full of vigour at home, get to the airport, check in and drop off your baggage. And then, once you have completed all the formalities, you experience a unique phase of relaxation. You can stroll around, meditate or enter into a dialogue with artworks.”