Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
From 5 September: "Görlitz - Auferstehung eines Denkmals” exhibition
Dresden-based photographer Jörg Schöner has been documenting the many outstanding buildings in the old town of Görlitz for 40 years, covering the apparently unstoppable decline followed from 1990 onwards by a historically unprecedented rebirth of a town brimming with listed buildings. The renovation of the architecture dating back many hundreds of years injected new life into the town on the German-Polish border. The photographs in Jörg Schöner’s exhibition, on display at the Dresden Airport terminal, document the enormous changes that have taken place over the past 26 years. The patron of the exhibition, the title of which means “Resurrection of a Monument”, is the Minister President of the Free State of Saxony, Stanislaw Tillich. Admission is free.
- Visitor platform: until 12 October
- Departures level (public area and security area): until 18 November
9 October: SZ vintage market
- 3rd Sächsische Zeitung vintage market (Dresden Airport terminal, west wing)
- Gallery level: kids’ and family items (clothes, toys etc.) plus fun and games
- 60-minute Mini tours from 10:30 to 16:30 (meeting point: airport information desk; tickets €3 for children up to age 14 and €5 for adults)
- Snacks and refreshments at Gate 14 airport shop
30 October: Pre-opening of “Halloween on Ice”
- Creepy disco, crafts tables, catering and Maxi tour taking in the fire station (pumpkin target spraying with the fire service, demonstration of the Panther fire engine)
- 14:00 to 18:00 (90-minute tours start at 16:00 and 17:00, max. 45 people per tour)
- Combo ticket (skating/Maxi tour): advance price €12 per child and €15 per adult; admission €0.50 extra on the door
- Maxi tour (excluding skating): €8.50 per child and €10 per adult
- Children aged 3-14 will be given a sweet/savoury surprise at the end of the Maxi tour.
31 October – 27 November: Airport on Ice – skating fun for all ages
Brand new: skating fun for all ages on an artificial ice rink in the west wing of the Dresden Airport terminal!
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 14:00-20:00; Sat, Sun and public holidays: 10:00-20:00
- Admission: Adults €5.50, children €4
- Family Days: €1 discount per person
- Skate hire: €3
- Parking: €5
- Fringe events: Pre-Halloween party (30 October), Advent market (27 November), ice disco
13 November: Dresden Jazz Days
Two concerts are taking place in the Dresden Airport terminal during this year’s Dresden Jazz Days:
- 11:00: Swinging Airport – The Big Chris Barber Band
- 15:00: Family concert – Gunter Emmerlich, Yo Jazz Bigband
Full details (artists, prices, directions) and tickets:
24/25 November, 1/2 December: Airport Games – giant Christmas and corporate event
- Test your skill and luck and soak up the festive atmosphere
- Activity evening for up to 10 teams of 10-20 people
- Sparkling wine reception, six competitions, mouth-watering buffet
- Night-time shopping at Heinemann Duty Free
- Also ideal as a corporate competitive event!
- €79 per participant plus €15 flat fee for beverages
- Early-bird discount for bookings up to 31 August 2016: buy 10 tickets, get one free
- Advice and registration: tel. +49 (0)351 881 3050, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School holiday programme and special-event tours at Dresden Airport
What destination on our timetable is the furthest from Dresden? What does the yellow and black checked flag on the tarmac mean? How long is the runway? Our guides will be happy to answer questions like these on our popular holiday tours and at special events. Depending on our flight operations it will be possible to photograph and film aircraft taking off and landing. All tours must be booked in advance with the customer service department (German only): Tel. +49 (0)351 881-3300 or -3360 (weekends).
31 October: Halloween experience tours
- Depart: 15:00 and 17:00 from the airport information desk
- Short walk round the terminal, trip onto the apron in a Halloween themed bus, brief stop-off at the winter and ground services appliances hangar
- Visit to fire station (pumpkin target spraying, demonstrations of fire engines such as the Panther)
- Tickets: €13 for children aged 3 to 14, including a sweet/savoury surprise, adults €15
- Children in fancy dress will get an extra small surprise when you pay at the informaiton desk!
- Tour guides will also be in fancy dress
- Duration: 2 hours
- Max. 45 persons per tour
27 November, 4/11/18 December: Advent airport-by-night tours
- Depart: 16:30 from the airport information desk
- First stop: mulled wine, punch and Christmas biscuits at the Conference Centre
- Followed by a Maxi tour taking in the Winter Service appliances
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tickets: children up to age 14: €9, adults: €14
- Max. 30 persons per tour
Fireman Sam to the rescue: the highlight of the tours is a visit to the fire station.
Guided tour of the modern Dresden Airport terminal
Events at the airport’s cafés and restaurants (ElbeZeit GmbH)
Our gastronomy partner ElbeZeit GmbH, a subsidiary of Sächsische Dampfschiffahrt, looks forward to seeing you at the following events in 2016:
- Brunch with airport tour: 30 Oct, 13 Nov
- Tea dance: 21 Oct
- Cookery courses for children: 5 Oct, 12 Oct, 28 Dec
- Cookery courses for adults: 9 Sep, 23 Sep, 4 Nov, 18 Nov
Seminars on combating fear of flying
Dresden Airport has got together with psychologist Linda Föhrer to offer seminars on combating the fear of flying. Participants learn to overcome their fear of flying, practice different relaxation techniques and find out information on the technical and physical background to flying. Each group consists of up to 8-10 people.
The seminar is also suitable for anyone who is afraid of heights, suffers from agoraphobia or has a fear of travelling by train or car. Linda Föhrer has become well-known throughout Germany as a specialist in fear of flying following various TV programmes on relaxed flying.
The following dates are planned for 2016:
28 August, 9 October and 27 November, 10:00-18:00
The price per person for the one-day group seminar is €275. The seminars will take place at Dresden Airport. Places must be pre-booked at
Exhibition: STASIS and MOVEMENT, the peace before the flight
Thomas Reichstein presents his figurative, life-size sculptures embodying “inner peace” at various points throughout the Dresden Airport terminal. A particularly interesting example is the life-size “Das Liegende Paar” (The Reclining Couple). Other works include abstract mythical creatures that also appeal to children.
The Dresden-based artist explains his intention thus: “The airport is a place where the journey pauses, is put on hold. You set off full of vigour at home, get to the airport, check in and drop off your baggage. And then, once you have completed all the formalities, you experience a unique phase of relaxation. You can stroll around, meditate or enter into a dialogue with artworks.”
Until 21 October 2016: “Angling in Saxony” exhibition
This fascinating exhibition by the Association of Saxon Anglers (LVSA) is all about angling as a hobby. The association explains its work and answers questions like: What do anglers do? How do you become an angler, and where can you go angling? Why should you join one of Saxony’s 600 clubs?
- Departures level, public area
- Admission free, open 24/7
Full details on the work of the LVSA: