Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 (0)351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
13.9.14: 8th Dresden Job Fair at Dresden Airport terminal
Are you a specialist, an engineer, a commuter, a job-seeker, a trainee or a school leaver looking for work or a change of scene? Then this career and business start-up fair is the ideal place to find pointers towards a new job or career in and around Dresden. There will also be plenty of information for business start-ups and a range of seminars by expert speakers.
- Time: 10:00 to 16:00
- Admission: free
14 September 2014: Family Day at the airport (10:00-17:00, free admission)
The terminal – both inside and outside – will be buzzing with fun and games for children, a technology exhibition, guided tours, sightseeing flights, lots of information stands and special activities galore. Topping the bill in this year’s show programme is Dresden-born singer André Stade. All shops and the travel agencies at Dresden’s biggest travel centre will be open. Refreshments will also be available.
Guided tours, sightseeing flights, flight simulator
- Mini tours (60 minutes): The guides will tell you all about what goes on inside the terminal and how aircraft are dispatched. After a security check you’ll take a bus across the tarmac and, traffic permitting, you’ll have the opportunity to take pictures and videos of aircraft taking off and landing. Tours depart every hour on the hour from the airport information desk (or more frequently if demand is high). Special price for Family Day: €3 for children up to age 14 and €5 for adults.
- Weather station tours (90 minutes): The mini tour can be combined with a visit to the German Meteorological Service weather station. Tours depart at 11:30, 13:30 and 15:30 from the airport information desk. Price: €5.50 / €8.50.
- The August der Starke Air Service will be running sightseeing flights over Dresden and the surrounding area. And would-be pilots can test their skills in the flight simulator (25% discount on Family Day). We recommend pre-booking these fee-paying activities on +49 (0)351 881 5555.
Legendary 152 jet aircraft, technology show and presentations
- The last preserved fuselage of the 152, Germany’s first ever jet airliner developed in Dresden in the 1950s, will be on display in the west wing of the terminal
- Airport technology show featuring aircraft handling, fire-fighting and winter service vehicles and equipment, model of runway navigation lights, digital trunked radio system
- Federal Police present police vehicles and a metal detection arch
- Flugsportzentrum Bautzen: exhibition of two microlight aircraft
- Dresden’s biggest travel centre (around 20 travel agencies): autumn, winter and spring flights and holiday packages
- Germania airline introduces its new non-stop flights from Dresden to Agadir, Hurghada and Marsa Alam
- Diamir Erlebnisreisen: photographic exhibition, “Safari in Botswana”
- Dresden State Operetta performs new musical “Catch me if you can”
- Senckenberg Natural History Collections Dresden exhibition: “Arche Moritzburg – Biological Diversity”
- Other exhibitors include: Dresden Main Customs Department, Dresden Health Department, Dresden Transport Museum, DB Regio, Dresdner Verkehrsbetriebe, Tourismusverband Erzgebirge, Ustecky Kraj from Northern Bohemia, Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Frauenkirche, SG Klotzsche, Erster Plastik-Modellbauclub Dresden (EMPC), ADAC jointly with Rosenkranz Driving School, Trainico GmbH
Show programme, fun and games for kids
- 14:00: Comedy duo Remmi & Demmi (show stage in the terminal, visitor platform)
- 16:00: André Stade (show stage, visitor platform), followed by autograph signing
- Bouncy castles inside and outside the terminal, toy glider making with the Rossendorf Model Aircraft Club, face painting, Carrera model race track
- While you’re visiting Family Day, why not take the kids to the Playport Dresden indoor playground in the former terminal 2?
Arriving by car, rail and bus
- Park in the multi-storey car park for just €3 for the day.
- To obtain the reduced price, present your car park ticket at the airport information desk (Arrivals level) or the security office in the multi-storey car park.
- S-Bahn: line S2 to Dresden Airport (terminus)
- Tram: line 7 to Infineon Nord, continue on bus route 77 to Flughafen bus stop
- Bus route 80 to Flughafen bus stop
Technology show and activities for kids at Dresden Airport’s Family Day
Dresden-born André Stade sings numbers from his latest album, Unendlichkeit. (Photo: andrestade.de)
Fuselage of the 152 jet aircraft
3 October 2014: Grand Airport Flea Market at the terminal (10:00 - 18:00)
Flughafen Dresden GmbH and Sächsische Zeitung have pleasure in inviting you to the first flea market in the terminal. This grand art, antique and flea market will take place in the western wing of this popular event venue. Among the items on offer will be books, antiques, glass, porcelain, second-hand household goods, records, small items of furniture, art, pictures, crafts and collectors' pieces such as historic picture postcards of the region. Experts will be on hand to value antiques, antiquarian books and, of course, aviation-related collectors' objects completely free of charge. The flea market area is on the ground floor and is therefore easily accessible for traders. Pitches can be set up between 06:30 and 08:30 and are open to all! To register for a pitch, phone +49 (0)351 4864 2443 or email email@example.com. A 3 metre pitch costs just €20.
- Large food court with a "goulash cannon” (mobile soup cooker), crepes, ice cream, barbecue, beer garden and much more besides
- Hourly guides of the airport with security check, hand luggage control and bus ride to aircraft on the apron. Book places by calling +49 (0)351 881 3300, special price: adults €5, children up to age 14 €3
- Visit the fuselage of the legendary Baade B-152
- All airport travel agents and shops - including the new Gate 14 airport shop (opening on 1 October) will be open on German Unity Day, with lots of special offers
- Toy, model railway and aircraft collectors’ fair (Departures level)
- Special exhibition: “Als Fliegen noch ein Wagnis war” (When Flying Was Still a Risky Business) (Conference level). The theme of this exhibition is Dresden’s first airfield and airship port, Dresden-Kaditz, opened on 26 October 1913. It documents the varied history of the airfield and its civil and military uses, focusing on the pioneers of motorised flight, the aircraft builders, the flying instructors, the stunt pilots and the parachute makers who worked at Dresden-Kaditz. The author of the book of the same name, Siegfried Reinhardt, will be signing copies of his book.
Arriving by public transport
- S-Bahn line S2 from Dresden Central Station and Dresden Neustadt Station to Dresden Airport (terminus)
- Tram line 7 to Infineon Nord, continue on bus route 77 to Flughafen bus stop
- Bus route 80, Flughafen bus stop
Parking at the airport
- Visitors to the flea market arriving by car are kindly requested to use the multi-storey car park. There are plenty of parking spaces available.
- Parking in the multi-storey car park will cost €3 for the day. To obtain the reduced price, present your car park ticket at the airport information desk (Arrivals level) or the security office in the multi-storey car park.
Up to 30 November 2014: Arche Moritzburg – Biological Diversity Exhibition
This exhibition looks at the diversity of life in different habitats and examines biological and environmental contexts. It is organised by the Senckenberg Natural History Collections Dresden, an institute forming part of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung Frankfurt and a member of the Leibniz Association.
- Opening hours: 06:00 to 23:00 daily
- Location: public area of the terminal next to the children’s play corner
- Free admission
Flyer on the special exhibition (in German)
More dates for the diary 2014
24 December 2014: Santa Claus lands
28 December 2014: Festive model railway exhibition in the Dresden Airport terminal
(10:00 - 18:00, admission free)