Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 (0)351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
16 May 2014: 44th International Dixieland Festival – Blues, Boogie & Swing
JJazz not jet lag: once again, 2014 sees an evening of jazz-packed delights cleared for take-off at Dresden International Airport. The very special setting for this musical event is our unique terminal, a former aviation hangar featuring fascinating industrial architecture. There will be foot-tapping, singing and dancing galore on two levels – the visitor platform and the conference level.
- From 19:00 (to approx. 23:30)
- Admission: €31.50 per person
- Free seating
- Starring: Brass Band Rakovnik (CZ), Lamarotte Jazzband (NL), Venusbrass (D), Michael Alf Trio (D), Niels von der Leyen Trio (D)
- Compère: Ulf Drechsel
Full details of the festival:
22 June 2014: Travel Day at Dresden’s biggest travel centre (10:00 - 18:00)
Sun, sand and sea or city breaks – our flight timetable offers lots of options for exploring the world from Dresden. Looking for a flight or a holiday for the summer, autumn or winter? You’re bound to find just the thing at the Grand Travel Day in the terminal.
- Around 20 travel agencies – Dresden’s biggest travel centre
- Attractive offers with flights from Dresden (all-inclusive holidays, long-haul trips, last-minute deals)
- Detailed, expert advice
- Fun and games for kids
- Free admission
- Park in the multi-storey car park for just €3
Tip: While you’re visiting Travel Day, why not take the kids to the Playport Dresden indoor playground?
More dates for the diary 2014
- 3 May 2014: International Children’s Choir Dresden 2014