Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 (0)351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
15 May 2015: Blues, Boogie & Swing (45th International Dixieland Festival)
Jazz not jet lag! This year sees yet another evening of jazz-packed delights cleared for take-off at Dresden International Airport. The terminal – formerly an aircraft construction hangar – provides a very special backdrop for this musical extravaganza. There will be toe-tapping, singing and dancing galore on two levels: the visitor platform and the conference level.
- Friday 15 May
- 18:00: Warm-up on the Departures level with the Gyulaer Big Band (H)
- from 18:45 alternating
on the Conference level: Die Jazzpolizei (D), Big Easy Brassband (NL), BrassAppeal (D), Jam Session
and on the visitor platform: Frank Muschalle Trio (D), Thomas Stelzer & friends (D)
- Compère: Ulf Drechsel
- Admission: €31.50 (free seating)
6 June 2015: Children’s adventure day
Our popular children’s adventure day starts with an exciting and informative airport tour lasting about an hour:
- Tour of the terminal with security check
- Bus ride over the apron; watching aircraft ground handling, visiting the winter operations and equipment hangar
Followed by sport, games and fun with the airport fire service:
- Tour round the fire engines, fire-fighting demonstration
- Target shooting with small fire hoses, bouncy castle, face painting, art area, football, first aid learning area, small gifts as prizes.
Our experienced tour guides will take care of your children. Snacks and drinks available to buy. Visitors may not bring their own food or drinks.
Times, admission, booking:
- Two tours: 9 a.m. to roughly 12.30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to roughly 5.30 p.m.
- Meet 15 minutes beforehand at the airport terminal information desk (arrivals level)
- Children (5–14): 12 euros, adults: 15 euros
- Must be booked in advance (Tel. +49 (0)351 881-3300, at the weekend: -3360)
19/20 September 2015: 80 years of Dresden Airport - Grand Airport Festival
We’ll be celebrating this special birthday with you at a two-day airport festival. To mark our big anniversary there will be sightseeing flights over Dresden and surroundings, guided tours, a technology show, various information stands, fun and games for children and a vibrant stage programme with a show and music. Everything you need to know about the big birthday party can be found on our Airport Festival page:
Information currently only in German
“My USA” exhibition
- Exhibition by Münster-based artist Reiner Schlag
- Reiner Schlag sees his USA photographs as a series of personal snapshots in which man – in the context of his living environment – is often at centre stage.
- The pictures are printed on large acrylic glass panels and individually coloured, making each picture an original. The transparency of the panels against the various display backgrounds creates an additional tension.
- Venue: Dresden Airport terminal, Departures level, public area
- Admission free, open 24/7
Arche Moritzburg – Biological Diversity Exhibition
This exhibition looks at the diversity of life in different habitats and examines biological and environmental contexts. It is organised by the Senckenberg Natural History Collections Dresden, an institute forming part of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung Frankfurt and a member of the Leibniz Association.
- Opening hours: 06:00 to 23:00 daily
- Location: public area of the terminal
- Free admission
Flyer on the special exhibition (in German)
More dates for the diary 2015
9 August 2015: Grand Travel Day in the Dresden Airport terminal
19/20 September 2015: Dresden Airport turns 80 – Grand Airport Festival
3 October 2015: Flea market at the terminal, organised by Sächsische Zeitung and the airport
29 November 2015: Christmas model railway exhibition in the Dresden Airport terminal