For your safety
Security control and travel tips
When you have been given your boarding card at the check-in counter you may proceed to security control on the Departures level in the Dresden Airport Terminal. There you will have to pass through metal detectors which will detect any dangerous items on your person. Passengers with a heart pacemaker should consult the security staff before they pass through the gate.
Your hand baggage will be X-rayed. This does not affect cameras or films. For a safe, trouble-free flight, please observe the regulations concerning the carrying of liquids in hand baggage and the following security advice:
- Never leave your baggage unattended, and keep your hand baggage in view at all times. Explosives or drugs can easily be slipped into unattended baggage.
- Do not accept baggage from people you do not know.
- Keep your documents, cash, cheques and credit cards in a safe place and do not carry valuables with you
- Make copies of all the important documents you will need on your holiday and keep the copies with you separately from the originals.
- Make a note of cheque numbers but never write your PIN numbers down.
- When paying by credit card, keep your card in view all the time so that it cannot be taken away and copied. Make sure you get your own credit card back.
- To avoid counterfeit money, always exchange money at banks and official exchange bureaux.
Airport information desk
- +49 (0)351 881-3360
- Arrivals level in the terminal
Go to contact form
Official security information
You will find a list of unsafe airlines banned from flying in the European Union on the website of the German Federal Office of Civil Aviation. The German Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development provides information on safety regulations for air travel and publishes a list of prohibited items.