Information for terminal visitors
During private events the visitor platform is not open to the public. It may also be closed for setting-up before and dismantling after such events.
You can check whether the visitor platform is open before your visit by phoning the airport information desk on +49 (0)351 881-3360.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
9 June 2013: Family Day and Aviation Day (10:00 – 17:00)
Our popular Family Day takes place on the second Sunday in June. Admission and parking in the multi-storey car park are free on Family Day. The event is taking place as part of Germany’s first ever national Aviation Day.
Exciting airport tours
- Mini tours (60 minutes):Our guides tell you all about what goes on inside the terminal and how aircraft are dispatched. You’ll take a bus across the tarmac and, traffic permitting, you’ll have the opportunity to take pictures and videos of aircraft taking off and landing. Departures: every 30 minutes at the airport information desk (first tour: 10:30, last tour: 17:00). Price: €3 for children up to age 14 and €5 for adults.
- Weather station tours (90 minutes):Guided tour of the terminal and bus trip as on our mini tours, plus a visit to the German Meteorological Service weather station. Departures: 11:00, 12:30, 14:30 and 16:00 from the airport information desk. Price: €5.50 for children up to age 14 and €8.50 for adults.
The legendary 152
- See the last preserved fuselage of this historic jet aircraft developed in Dresden
- Fully functional 1:10 scale model of the 152 V4 on display
Technology show, presentations, exciting indoor and outdoor adventures
- Vehicles and appliances of the airport fire brigade and the airport winter service
- Sightseeing flights with the August der Starke Air Service (charges apply)
- Lufthansa Technik AG, Dresden Health Authority (tips on staying healthy while travelling), Usti region (Ustecky Kraj) / Bohemian Switzerland National Park, Dresden Industrial Heritage Network, ADAC (information on child car seats), Dresden public transport companies VVO and DVB, DB Regio, EADS Elbe Flugzeugwerke, Federal Police
- First Dresden Plastic Model Building Club (EPMC): presenting a true to life 1:144 scale model of the former Hansahaus
- Talks/slide shows (in German) by Jörg Ehrlich of Diamir Erlebnisreisen: “Spitzbergen & Grönland – Auf Eisenbärensafari mit einem kleinen Forschungsschiff in der Arktis”, “Tansania: Gipfelglück am Kilimanjaro, Safari in der Serengeti, Entspannung auf Sansibar”
- Opening of a new slide exhibition on Greenland
Lots of indoor and outdoor activities for children
- Model aircraft building, dragon and rocket making, face painting, play street
- Carrera model race track
- Bouncy castles, surfboard simulator, power paddler (pool with children’s paddle boats)
- Endless fun in the Playport Dresden indoor play area (charges apply)
- SG Klotzsche handball division: Shootout system for measuring ball speeds
Musical star guest: Ella Endlich
This talented singer has been lighting up the German music scene since 2009. Her hit Küss mich, halt mich, lieb mich set to a melody from the film Three Wishes for Cinderella catapulted her to the no. 12 slot of the official Media Control Singles Charts and won her a Golden Disc. Ella Endlich is well-known to millions of TV viewers through her appearances with Carmen Nebel and Florian Silbereisen. Her wonderful, versatile voice has enchanted audiences at her many live gigs.
Autograph session with Ella Endlich
Provisional schedule in terminal (subject to change)
|10:00||Opening by moderator Maik Michaelis||Stage/visitor terrace|
|10:30||Wilschdorf Male voice choir sings well known
|11:00||Introducing the Playport Dresden indoor
|11:30||Magical kids’ show with Pauline||Stage/visitor terrace|
|12:30||German Federal Police dog display||Stage/visitor terrace|
|13:00||Introducing the Playport Dresden indoor playground||Stage/visitor terrace|
|13:30||Interviews with tourism exhibitors||Stage/visitor terrace|
|14:00||Dresden Health Authority: tips on how to stay
healthy while travelling
|14:30||German Federal Police dog display||Stage/visitor terrace|
|15:00||Sport in the spotlight with SG Klotzsche||Stage/visitor terrace|
|15:00||Talk and slide show with Jörg Ehrlich
(Spitzbergen and Greenland)
|15:30||Appearance by star guest Ella Endlich||Stage/visitor terrace|
|16:00||Talk and slide show with Jörg Ehrlich (Tanzania)||Conference Centre|
|16:30||Autograph session with star guest Ella Endlich||Stage/visitor terrace|
The Carrera model race track is a magnet for young and old alike.
Star guest Ella Endlich (picture: PR)
Family Day is taking place as part of Germany’s national Aviation Day.
23 June 2013: Grand Travel Day (10:00 - 18:00)
Sun, sand and sea or city breaks - our flight timetable offers lots of opportunities to explore the world from Dresden. Looking for a flight or a holiday for summer or autumn 2013? You’re bound to find just the thing at the Grand Travel Day in the terminal.
- 20 travel agencies - Dresden's biggest travel centre
- Exciting offers (e.g. holiday packages, last-minute deals, exotic holidays)
- Detailed, competent advice
- Plenty of fun and games to entertain the kids.
- Admission free.
- Parking in the multi-storey car park is free on Travel Day. Exit passes can be obtained from the airport information desk.
- And during your visit to Travel Day, why not take the kids to the new Playport indoor playground?
More dates for the diary 2013
- 9 November 2013: Funk & Soul Night (Dresden Jazz Days)
- 24 December 2013: Santa Claus lands; Children’s Christmas